I realize that Thanksgiving isn’t traditionally about giving gifts, but all the same I wanted to share this money origami turkey. It’s pretty easy to fold and it’s a fun way to give cash –if venmo hasn’t removed your use of cash permanently. — I saw this fold originally as an origami peacock. But obviously I liked the idea of making it as a Thanksgiving dollar origami turkey.
What you’ll need to fold this dollar origami turkey:
- video above
- 1 US currency bill any denomination
- a little bit of patience
- a pencil to poke the tiny corners and press folds when needed
This is probably the most reasonable question you can ask. So I thought up a couple of uses for this that I think are useful for Thanksgiving day:
- use them as prizes for a Thanksgiving Game
- pay back whoever bought the pies you should have brought to dinner
- if you have grandkids give them a turkey if they can share something they are truly grateful for
- bet on the Thanksgiving Football game of your choice.
- Get 100 $1 bills and have the family fold them to donate to a charity that helps those less fortunate than you
- start a tradition of giving Thanksgiving presents (why not we black friday shop that day anyway)
If you come up with another cool idea of how to use the money origami turkey let us know on facebook. Or you can share a photo of your dollar origami turkey
If you want to fold other origami birds or make money different shapes check these posts out.