Peanut Butter Surprise Muffins
Peanut Butter Surprise Muffins taste amazing and children and teens alike will approve.
Pic’s Peanut Butter, New Zealand’s #1 peanut butter debuts a delicious new recipe perfect for special breakfasts during the upcoming holiday season. Pic’s is expertly crafted from fresh-roasted Hi-Oleic Australian peanuts and nothing else. The only ingredient addition you will ever find is only a light sprinkling of salt in their salted varieties. Hi-Oleic peanuts containing oils similar to olive or avocado, gives Pic’s a fresher taste, a crunchier crunch and a long shelf life.
Peanut Butter Surprise Muffins
Tender and sweet peanut butter muffins with a surprise jam center will delight kids and adults alike. Perfect for breakfast, brunch, and snacks.
- 1/2 cup Pic’s Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup thick all-fruit jam or spread
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare two standard muffin tin with 18 paper liners.
2. In a large bowl, beat peanut butter and unsalted butter with an electric mixer until creamy. Add the brown sugar and beat until well combined. Add the eggs and vanilla, and continue beating until light and creamy.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt, and ground cinnamon. Add one third of the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture and beat on low speed just until combined. Add half of the milk, and beat again. Add another third of the remaining dry ingredients, followed by the rest of the milk, and ending with the remaining dry ingredients. Continue mixing just until batter comes together. Do not over-mix.
4. Using a small ice cream scoop or spoon, fill the wells of the muffin tins about 1/4 full. Use the tip of a spoon to push the batter to cover the entire bottom and a little up the sides. Place one rounded teaspoon of jam in each of the 18 wells, making sure to keep it in the center as much as possible. Top the jam with the remaining batter, making sure it covers the jam.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown and spring back when gently pressed. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove and serve.
About Pic’s Really Good Peanut Butter
Founded in 2007 by Pic Picot, New Zealand-based Pic’s Peanut Butter is New Zealand’s #1 selling peanut butter and is peanut butter worth eating. Made from the finest quality Hi-Oleic peanuts from Australia that are fresh roasted and lovingly squashed in Nelson, Pic’s then quick seals its peanut butter to preserve freshness and flavour. Pic’s is all-natural, is gluten and sugar free and has no additives – simply peanuts and a trace of Kiwi salt, the unsalted version containing 100% peanuts. Pic’s Peanut Butter is NON GMO Verified . Four varieties are offered – Original (Crunchy), Original (Crunchy, no salt), Smooth and Smooth (no salt). Suggested retail is $7.99-$8.99 (380g, 13.4 oz. jar). A 1Kg, 35.27 oz. sized jar is also available in Original Crunchy at a recommended retail of $19.99. For more information on Pic’s Peanut Butter visit http://picspeanutbutter.com.
Follow Pic’s Really Good Peanut Butter:
Facebook : picspeanutbutter